7 October 2008

Intimacy and Simplicity

These are the two main adjectives where my wedding next year will revolve
around. Yes, I aim for simple yet intimate wedding. Who wouldn’t want
to favour a stress-free wedding over a grand yet complicated one?

The planning of a simple wedding is becoming popular by today’s society. More young brides and grooms are having nontraditional simple weddings in lieu of the lavish wedding parties that perhaps the mother of the bride had. But this doesn’t mean they are giving up stylish, elegant affairs. Simple weddings will still be remembered for many years by the wedding guests and bridal party.
---
Reception costs have skyrocketed to the point that a great deal of brides are grooms are now looking at out of the way places such as parks, beaches and backyards to create a simple affair. Some of the most memorable weddings usually occurred at places that had special meaning to the bride and groom. I will always remember our registrar wedding in October 2001. It was very simple, and the reception was held in our back garden, just surrounded by my husband’s family and a couple of his friends. I could only wish for my family from the Philippines that time to come over, but I know it would have been very expensive for us especially we were only starting our lives together. Our simple wedding had no theme, no need to prepare for invitations and give aways and no need to hire a car since we only used our own. It was really a wedding on a budget! But it was a very memorable one, and stress free! This is actually what I wanted for my church wedding next year in Cebu. I wanted it to be simple, intimate yet memorable for us, my family and friends. I know it is every woman’s desire to have a lavish and grand wedding but not me. There was a point when I like the grandeur and big celebrations but as I have heard, the bigger the event, the more complicated and stressful it can be. And I definitely would not want that.
---
The art of planning a simple wedding is to communicate your desires right up front before anyone can try to talk you into a lavish affair that will put you in hock. It is the bride’s choice and as long as the groom is in agreement to keep things as simple as possible then you should listen to your hearts and get everyone on board with help planning your simple wedding. Simple weddings can allow you to get creative with wedding invitations, your wedding attire, the decorations and entertainment.You can contact a wedding consultant or wedding planner to help you, just remember to let them know exactly what you want. Explain how you want your wedding to be simple, but stylish. Luckily my sis knows someone (a wedding coordinator/planner) who may be able to give us direct tips and advise in planning for the event.

No comments: